“We are excited to roll out this new appointment system and welcome residents back to the public counter,” said Principal Planner Wendy Hartman. “Before the public counter closed due to COVID-19, it wasn’t unusual for residents to wait in line at the public counter for an hour or more. These appointments will allow residents to quickly get in and out so they can get on with their days!”
The following appointment types may be scheduled:
- General inquiries
- Affidavits, including DMV/HUD/ABC sign-offs
- Application submittals for the following:
- Administrative permits (Minor Use Permits, Temporary Use Permits, Short-Term Rentals, Certificates of Non-Conforming Use, Zoning Verification Letters, Substantial Compliances, Research Requests, etc.)
- Non-discretionary Design Review
- Entitlements (General Plan Amendments, Rezones, Use Permits, Special Development Permits, Tentative Maps, Development Plan Reviews, etc.)
- Applications for Pre-application meetings and Early Community Planning Advisory Council (CPAC) workshops
- Planning review of over-the-counter building permit sign-off/review by PER only. (You need to have a building permit control number for this type of appointment)
The online appointment system
is only for the above-listed PER appointment types for properties located in the unincorporated areas of the County. For other services provided by PER, please see the links below.
Other PER Appointments and Services Not Listed Above
- Electronic application submittal: PER will continue to accept application submittals and payments online. For information on online application submittals, please visit the PER Applications Webpage.
- Projects in progress that have been assigned a Planning County Control Number: please contact the assigned planner for any questions or to schedule an in-person or remote meeting. Contact us at (916) 874-6141 if you do not know who the assigned Planner is. A Planning Control Number is needed to determine the assigned planner.
- Tree Permits submittal procedures: visit our Tree webpage or email email@example.com
- Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (WELO) and landscape plans: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program (MMRP): email MMRP@saccounty.net
- South Sacramento Habitat Conservation Plan (SSHCP): email SSHCP@saccounty.net
- All other inquiries and services: call (916) 874-6141
Please prepare to arrive on time for your appointment. Arrivals later than five minutes from the scheduled appointment time are subject to cancellation. Walk-in appointments are not available at this time, but same-day appointments may be available. To schedule an appointment, visit the appointment booking website