Jan. 20, 2022 Update:
After a temporary closure, DWMR has sufficient staffing to safely reopen the North Area Recovery Station (NARS) facility
to the public on Sunday, Jan. 23, 2022, for its regular business hours. The Department appreciates its customers and the public’s patience while operations were impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Jan. 14, 2022 Announcement:
The Sacramento County North Area Recovery Station (NARS) located at 4450 Roseville Road, North Highlands, will temporarily close to the public beginning Friday, Jan. 14, due to COVID-19 impacts on staffing availability.
- Authorized commercial account customers that use the automated services, known as the Waste Wizard, will continue to have access to the NARS location during business hours.
- All other customers should go to other local transfer stations, landfills and Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Drop-Off Locations.
- L&D Landfill - 8635 Fruitridge Road, Sacramento, CA 95826-9712 | Monday-Friday, 6:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. | Saturday, 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. | 916-383-9420
- Kiefer Landfill - 12701 Kiefer Boulevard & Grant Line Road, Sloughhouse, CA 95683 | Monday-Friday, 6:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. | Saturday-Sunday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. | 916-875-5555
- Florin Perkins Public Disposal Site - 4201 Florin Perkins Road, Sacramento, CA | Monday-Friday 6 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. | Saturday-Sunday 8 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. | 916-443-5120
- Sacramento Recycling and Transfer Station - 8491 Fruitridge Road, Sacramento, CA 95826-4807 (across from Depot Business Park) | Monday-Saturday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. | 916-379-0500
- Elder Creek Transfer Station - 8642 Elder Creek Road, Sacramento, CA 95828 | Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. | 916-387-8425
- Sierra Waste Recycling and Transfer Station - 8260 Berry Ave., Sacramento, CA 95828 | Monday-Sunday, 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. | 916-388-8320
- Southeast: Kiefer Landfill's Special Waste Facility - 12701 Kiefer Boulevard, Sloughhouse, CA 95863 | Tuesday-Saturday, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. | 916-875-5555 *accepts antifreeze, batteries, oils, paints and limited other wastes
- Central: Sacramento Recycling and Transfer Station (SRTS) - 8491 Fruitridge Road, Sacramento, CA 95826 | Tuesday-Saturday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. | 916-388-8320
- South: Elk Grove Special Waste Collection Center - 9255 Disposal Lane, Elk Grove, CA 95624 | Sunday-Wednesday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. | 916-627-3232
“Our dedicated Sacramento County Waste Management and Recycling employees play an important role in providing our community with recycling and disposal services. I’m grateful to these employees who were able to maintain operations throughout 2020 and 2021, despite the COVID-19 pandemic. I would like to thank and commend all of our essential employees for their commitment. We look forward to reopening the NARS facility as soon as possible,” said Doug Sloan, Director of the Department of Waste Management and Recycling.
The department has been coordinating with Sacramento County Public Health. Once employees have completed County COVID-19 protocols to return to work, and there are sufficient staffing availability, full operations will resume at NARS. At this time a date for reopening the NARS facility to the public is not known.
On average, the NARS facility serves 450-700 transactions daily. It is Sacramento County Department of Waste Management & Recycling’s priority to safely reopen the NARS facility as soon as possible and apologizes for the inconvenience to customers and the public. The Kiefer Landfill is unaffected and remains open.