The annual vote to elect a new Chair and Vice Chair of the Board of Supervisors was held Tuesday, Jan. 11. This year’s elected Chair is Supervisor Don Nottoli of District 5, and Rich Desmond of District 3 was elected Vice Chair.
“I am grateful for the opportunity to serve as the 2022 Chairperson of the Sacramento County Board of Supervisors,” said Nottoli. “Looking forward, the year ahead will likely see a variety of important matters come before the Board and I am confident we’ll work diligently and conscientiously to address these issues in serving the people of Sacramento County.”
Board Chair responsibilities include the following:
- Presides over the Board meetings; the Vice Chairperson assumes the role in the Chairperson’s absence or inability to act. If the Chair and Vice Chair are absent or unable to preside, the members present will select a member present to act as temporary Chairperson.
- Acts on procedural matters or questions.
- Recognizes a member of the board desiring to speak on an item.
- Is entitled to vote on all matters before the Board, participate in discussion relating to any matter, make motions without relinquishing the Chair, and second any motion without relinquishing the Chair.
- Sits on other boards/commissions as a representative of the County of Sacramento and is the point of contact for questions from the public regarding the meetings (i.e., coordination of resolutions/presentations and general questions not specific to a district, etc.).
The Chair and Vice Chair serve annual terms.