Become an Airport Ambassador
Sacramento International Airport serves 10 million passengers a year and is the gateway to Northern California. As an Airport Ambassador, you can help by providing a friendly welcome to visitors. Travelers who experience great customer service will want to come back again.
Airport Ambassadors are asked to work a minimum of two four-hour shifts per month. There are three shifts a day. However, not all shifts are available at this time.
For more information, please contact Barbara Tustin.
A Great Airport Ambassador is:
- Age 18 or older
- Friendly and outgoing
- Enjoys customer service
- Communicates well with all types of people
- Wants to learn all about airports
- Knowledgeable about the Sacramento region, including tourist attractions and special events
- Skilled in basic computer and internet use, and has an active e-mail address (required)
- Reliable, punctual and enthusiastic
- Likes working with other volunteers
Airport Ambassador Duties:
- Meet and greet travelers, airport visitors and convention delegates
- Help people find airport services, including food, shuttles, gates, terminals, etc.
- Answer questions about flight schedules
- Provide information about Sacramento region attractions, amenities and hotels
- Distribute Sacramento Visitors Guides
- Assist people in distress
- Create an overall positive experience for airport guests
- Free parking during your shift
- Free parking in the Economy Lot for up to two weeks when you travel for pleasure
- Free Airport Ambassador polo shirt
- Concession discounts
- Volunteer appreciation parties
- First-hand knowledge about the Sacramento County Airport System