Sacramento County has added a Sustainability Manager position to develop and oversee a wide variety of climate and sustainability programs and initiatives.
One of the Sustainability Manager’s primary responsibilities will be implementing many of the County’s Climate Action Plan policies once it is approved by the Board of Supervisors. Other responsibilities include:
- Developing and coordinating sustainability-related programs
- Overseeing projects and programs to reduce county and community-generated greenhouse gasses with the objective of improving the Sacramento County environment
- Forming a Climate Emergency Mobilization Task Force to oversee the development and implementation of a climate emergency response plan
- Fostering community engagement and collaboration with industry experts to achieve program objectives
- Providing highly complex staff assistance to the County Executive
“I am thrilled to have been selected for this role and look forward to leading our climate and sustainability efforts,” said John Lundgren, Sacramento County Sustainability Manager. “Given my past experience developing the Climate Action Plan drafts for the Office of Planning and Environmental Review, I am confident in my ability to hit the ground running.”
Lundgren began work as the Sustainability Manager on Oct. 24, 2021. Prior to this appointment, he was a Senior Planner with the County’s Office of Planning and Environmental Review and has also worked in Code Enforcement and Animal Care and Regulation as part of his 26 years of Sacramento County service.