The Sacramento County Community Corrections Partnership (CCP) will host the first Assembly Bill 109 Public Safety Realignment Community Workshop (CCP Community Workshop) in an effort to educate the public about the CCP and to encourage community participation and input. The workshop will be held from 5:30-6:30 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 21 and will be cablecast live on Metro Cable 14 on the Comcast, Consolidated Communications and AT&T U-Verse Systems and webcast live via Metro Cable 14
This workshop is in direct response to community requests to participate in the process. The CCP Community Workshop will be conducted virtually to adhere to local and state public health mandates and guidelines.
The CCP, chaired by Sacramento County Chief Probation Officer Lee Seale, is responsible for the development of Sacramento County’s Assembly Bill 109 Public Safety Realignment Plan (AB 109 Plan). The CCP advises the Board of Supervisors on specific programming needs to implement provisions of AB 109 legislation, including rehabilitative programming and alternatives to incarceration. The CCP is committed to updating the AB 109 Plan with input from the community and local stakeholders. The updated AB 109 Plan will include findings from research, ongoing evaluation and assessment of local programs.
The CCP is currently accepting applications to fill an open CCP member position and to fill positions in the new CCP Advisory Workgroup. The CCP Advisory Workgroup, comprised of local agency stakeholders and community representatives, will make recommendations to the CCP regarding additional AB 109 Plan updates. Formerly incarcerated persons are encouraged to apply to be CCP Advisory Workgroup community members. The CCP’s goal is to finalize AB 109 Plan updates for submission to the Board of Supervisors during Fiscal Year 2021-22 budget proceedings.
For further information, including how to apply for the CCP member vacancy and the CCP Advisory Workgroup, please visit the CCP website
When: January 21, 2021, from 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm (Sign on begins at 5:15 pm)
- The CCP Workshop agenda can be accessed at the Meetings web page and will be cablecast live on Metro Cable 14 on the Comcast, Consolidated Communications and AT&T U-Verse Systems.
- Closed captioned for hearing-impaired viewers and webcast live on the Metro Cable 14 website.
- Live comments will be made through the public comment phone line. Dial (916) 875-2500 and follow the prompts to be placed in the queue. When the CCP Chair opens public comment, callers will be transferred from the queue into the meeting to make a verbal comment.
The CCP Community Workshop agenda will include:
- Opening remarks and introduction of CCP members.
- Overview of the CCP and AB 109 Public Safety Realignment Plan.
- Purpose of the CCP Community Workshop: the announcement of an open CCP member position and open position(s) to participate on the new CCP Advisory Workgroup.
- Overview of the updated CCP website and instructions for applying to the open positions.
- Public Comment.
“The CCP is dedicated to incorporating meaningful community engagement in further amendment of the AB 109 Plan. The CCP recognizes the need to address community concerns and implement programming using evidence-based practices to lower recidivism and victimization. This will better assist justice-involved individuals reenter the community in a safe and effective manner.” – Lee Seale, Chief Probation Officer