Give your holiday tree the proper send-off and recycle it into a new life as beneficial mulch or compost – for free!
- Trees must have all tinsel, lights, decorations, nails and stands removed.
- Flocked trees are not accepted for recycling.
- Please ensure transported holiday trees are properly secured during transport.
Saturday, Jan. 7, 2023, Free Mulching Event
Residents can bring holiday trees to be mulched for free:
SACRAMENTO COUNTY LOCATIONS
Saturday, Jan. 7 and Sunday, Jan. 8, 2023
Residents can recycle holiday trees for free at:
- Kiefer Landfill*
- 12701 Kiefer Blvd. (Jackson Hwy, north on Grant Line Road, right on Kiefer Blvd)
- 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- North Area Recovery Station*
- 4450 Roseville Rd. (Hwy 80, north on Watt Ave., left on Roseville Road)
- 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
OTHER LOCAL DROP-OFF LOCATIONS
Saturday, Jan. 7, 2023
Residents can also recycle holiday trees for free at:
- Elder Creek Recovery and Transfer Station
- 8642 Elder Creek Rd (Jackson Hwy, south on Florin Perkins Rd., left on Elder Creek Rd.)
- 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Sacramento Recycling & Transfer Station
- 8491 Fruitridge Rd (Jackson Hwy, south on Florin Perkins Rd., right on Fruitridge Rd.)
- 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Also accepting trees Dec. 26 – Jan. 7, Monday - Saturday | 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Folsom - Dan Russell Rodeo Arena Rodeo Park
- Located at the end of Stafford St., next to the arena
- 9 a.m.- 1 p.m.
CURBSIDE ORGANICS COLLECTION OF HOLIDAY TREES
County residents with the Department of Waste Management & Recycling
curbside collection service can also recycle their live holiday tree (all tinsel, lights, decorations, nails and stands removed) by cutting it up and putting it in the curbside Organics cart
. Please make sure the lid will close. The cart will be emptied on your regular Organics collection day.
Flocked trees can be cut up and placed in the curbside Garbage cart
for collection - ensure the lid will close.
Please do not put holiday trees on curbs or roadsides!