It’s almost time to ring in the New Year and you may be thinking about your 2020 New Year’s resolutions! Whether your resolution is getting healthier, starting a business, adding to your family, traveling or volunteering in the community, Sacramento County is here to help!
- Get information about nutrition, immunizations, adoptions, quitting smoking, or seeking mental wellness services – in addition to many others – by visiting the County’s Health and Social Services webpage.
- Get more exercise in by cycling the miles of trails at our Regional Parks.
- Get a new furry family member from the Bradshaw Animal Shelter.
- Get involved in the community and volunteer with a Sacramento County organization.
- Get traveling and visit one of Sacramento International Airport’s new nonstop destinations, including new carriers: Contour Airlines to Santa Barbara and Palm Springs; Spirit Airlines to Las Vegas, NV; Sun Country Airlines to Minneapolis, MN; Boutique Air to Merced; and Southwest Airlines started service to Honolulu, HI. SMF has more parking that is available at the new West Economy lot, adding 2,600 spaces.
- Get going on your dream of having a business of your own with the key steps to Starting a Business.
- Get informed about your County’s Activities, Attractions, Adventure and Entertainment.
- Get yourself and your family a good emergency preparedness plan in place before an emergency strikes – and, sign up for Emergency Alert Notifications!
Visit the Sacramento County website
any time of year for much more on how the county strives to improve residents’ quality of life by providing cost-effective public services while fostering economic health, regional cooperation and stewardship of community assets.