The Sacramento County Probation Department, in collaboration with Behavioral Health Services and the Public Defender’s Office, will host an Open House to celebrate the opening of the Jail Diversion Treatment & Resource Center (JDTRC) and to welcome the public to tour and learn about the facility. Please see the event flyer for details
When: Dec. 9, 2021, from 12 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Location: 711 G Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
COVID health protocols will be followed including facial coverings required indoors and limited capacity within the JDTRC building.
In June 2020, the Board of Supervisors authorized the Sacramento County Probation Department to accept $1.7 million from the California Health Facility Financing Authority Community Services Infrastructure Grant Program, which will begin providing services on Dec. 13, 2021.
The JDTRC will divert individuals from custody and provide comprehensive County services for Misdemeanor Mental Health Diversion for participants 18 years and older living with mental illness and/or co-occurring substance use disorder, and/or suffering from trauma.
Clients will be able to receive a myriad of services including:
- Mental health evaluations and linkage to services
- Onsite therapeutic classes
- Referrals to community-based service providers
- Contact with a probation officer
- Onsite meetings with legal representation
Partnering agencies include:
- Behavioral Health Services
- Correctional Health Services
- Department of Human Assistance
- Sacramento County Probation
- Office of the Public Defender
- Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office
- Substance Use Prevention & Treatment
- Superior Court of California