Registration is now open for an emergency broadband program
that will help Medi-Cal members and other low-income residents receive up to $50 a month to cover their internet costs. All Medi-Cal members qualify, and it will not affect their health coverage. Funds are limited, so act quickly.
To qualify you must have:
- An income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participate in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medi-Cal, or Lifeline;
- Been approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020 and the household had a total income in 2020 at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers; or
- Met the eligibility criteria for a participating provider's existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
The program will end once the program funds are exhausted, or six months after the Department of Health and Human Services declares an end to the pandemic, whichever comes first.