These rumors are false. The genesis of these rumors is still unclear, but due to the prevalence of this rumor, our office is addressing this lie head-on:
- No Dominion employees have ever been or ever will be employed by the Sacramento County Voter Registration & Elections Department
- Our Lead Support Technician from Dominion was on-site the first day of Logic & Accuracy testing (Monday, 8/9) and will be back next Monday (8/16) for the first day of Logic & Accuracy testing on the tabulation system.
- The purpose of the limited on-site technician support is to provide subject matter expertise in the maintenance and/or repair of the voting equipment should any equipment fail during the Logic & Accuracy testing. On-site presence can expedite the RMA (Return Material Authorization) process to replace equipment in the event of failure.
- Maintenance and/or repair processes are performed by Sacramento County Voter Registration & Elections staff. The vendor may only provide expertise and advice on how to best achieve the maintenance and/or repair of voting equipment.
- On-site vendor support is required to be scheduled in advance, the vendor personnel must wear an identification badge and be escorted by Sacramento County Voter Registration & Elections Department staff at all times while on the premises. They are not allowed to touch voting equipment, election files, or ballots at any time.