Gather your family and friends and celebrate Family Health and Fitness Day this Saturday, June 11! Sacramento County Regional Parks is excited to partner with several local businesses and nonprofits to promote this special day.
“Family Health and Fitness Day promotes the important role parks and recreation play in keeping communities and families active and healthy,” said Liz Bellas, Director of Sacramento County Regional Parks. “We are excited to formally recognize Family Health and Fitness Day in 2022 by waiving parking fees throughout the Sacramento County Regional Parks system on June 11."
In addition to the waived parking fees offered at all Regional Parks facilities, we’d also like to promote the following activities and promotions by our business and nonprofit partners:
- Cherry Island Golf Course (Register Online)
- Fun Introductory Golf Instruction
- Instruction on Physical Fitness Through Golf
- Clinic Times: 11 a.m. and noon
- Putting Games & Contests
- Clinics on Mental & Physical Health Through the Game of Golf
- Clinic Times: 10 a.m., noon and 2 p.m.
- $1 Hot Dogs & Drinks
- Fun activities for Kids
- Safe & Fun Introduction to Golf
- Bounce House Fun
- Face Painting
- Balloon Art
- Free public program at 10:30 a.m.
- This will include a coloring sheet and a self-guided tour sheet
- Animal Ambassador encounters periodically during the day
- Lawn games are available from 12 - 4 p.m.
- Educational stations throughout the day
Sacramento Valley Conservancy
- Camp Pollock (Register Online)
- Celebrating 100 Years with free family-friendly activities
- 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Befriend the Bugs Presentation: 11: 30 a.m.
- Riverdweller Storytellers: 11:15 a.m. and 12:45 p.m.
- Remedy 7 Live Band: 1 p.m.
- Silly Little Music Mama - Music and Movement: 2 p.m.
- The Sacramento Splash Center (4426 Excelsior Road, Mather, CA 95655) will be open for visits with critters from 8 – 11 a.m.
- Family Float Day
- Mention the Family Float Day promotion to receive 25% off all watercraft rentals on June 11.