The 2022 California State Fair returns after being canceled in 2020 and 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The 17-day fair is a robust celebration of the best the state has to offer in agriculture, technology, and the diversity of its people, traditions, and trends that shape the Golden State's future.
No trip to the California State Fair is complete without the thrill of the carnival rides, and be sure to check out the kid’s Read to Ride program
. Other exhibits and experiences include animal livestock, a cornhole tournament, the Made in California Fashion Show, classic car shows, wine and beer tasting, and shopping.
Promotions and Tickets
- $2 Taste of the Fair: Wednesdays and Thursdays (11 a.m. – 4 p.m.) – Sample a variety of fair foods with $2 menu specials from your favorite food vendors.
- Senior Savings Friday: Discount admission of $10 for seniors 62 and better.
- SMUD Giving Mondays at the Fair: July 18 and 25 – BRING 3 non-perishable, non-expired food items to the Fair Gates before 3 p.m. and receive FREE admission. The collected food items will benefit the Elk Grove Food Bank.
- Kids Free Tuesdays and $2 Rides for all: July 19 & 26 – FREE admission for kids 12 and under and $2 rides for all ages.
- Military, Veteran, and First Responder Appreciation Day: July 21 – FREE admission all day for active duty, reserve and veterans from all branches of the military, and first responders.
- Best of California Brewfest: July 23 – Taste award-winning craft brew samples at the Miller Lite Racetrack Grandstand.
Regional Transit offers convenient service to the Cal Expo main gate on bus routes 67 and 68. Visit their website
for route and schedule information.