Sacramento County has 53 confirmed COVID-19 cases, and three who have died from complications of COVID-19. Due to the community transmission of this virus in Sacramento County, yesterday, the Sacramento County Health Officer directed all individuals living in the county to stay at their place of residence except for essential activities until at least April 7, 2020.
Individuals and organizations may have questions around:
- Getting further guidance on whether your business is exempt or non-exempt from the Public Health Officer Order.
- Reporting a violation of the Public Health Officer Order.
To get further guidance on whether your business is exempt or non-exempt from the Public Health Officer Order:
Step 1: If you have not already, please take a look at page 5 of the Public Health Order
and this FAQ
to see if your business is listed as an essential business.
Step 2: If you do not have clarity after reading the FAQ, go ahead and call 916-875-2002.
Step 3: Our Health Services Team will connect back with you shortly.
To report a violation of the Public Health Officer Order, call 311.
The intent of the Public Health Order is to ensure that the maximum number of people self-isolate in their places of residence to the maximum extent feasible, while enabling essential services to continue, to slow the spread of COVID-19 to the maximum extent possible.
The Public Health Order directs that there should not be gatherings in any formal setting – please, see below. To report a violation of the Public Health Officer Order, call 3-1-1.
- All bars, wineries and brew-pubs should be closed
- All in-dining at restaurants should cease (take out and home delivery with social distancing may continue)
- All gyms should be closed
- All bingo halls and card rooms should be closed
COVID-19 Links and Resources:
The goal of the Public Health Order is to slow the spread of the virus by taking all reasonable means to stay home, and only venture out to public spaces when it is absolutely necessary – and when you must – maintain social distancing at all times.
- Read the Public Health Order and FAQs, and if additional clarity is necessary, call 916-875-2002.
- To report a violation of directed closures, call 3-1-1.
- Review the COVID-19 website.
- Remember the goal for everyone – Stay home unless it’s absolutely necessary so we all can slow the spread of COVID-19.